Tea and Sympathy - 2022

Ev

Miss Social Chatty-ness
Love your siggie Ev - quite elegant in it's simplicity. John continues to get a little better each day. Me? spoke too soon. Lower back is seizing up so doing Tylenol and muscle relaxer every 6 hrs until the latter run out. Really sucks since I need to catch up on what I didn't get done while he was at his worst but what can you do?
Oh No! Dang! Don't worry about catching up unless it will affect your health or safety ... take care Sherry and thanks about the siggy

nemla

love a challenging challenge
Challenge Host - February
Thank you for the update on Rosie @Robyn , like everyone else here she has been in my thoughts a lot . Life sure can be a bitch sometimes.

Ev

Miss Social Chatty-ness
Knowing most of you are prayer warriors so I'm asking ... I guess for me along with a friend - daughter's high school friends, they married (have been together since they were 17) - no interruption in the friendship. 5 weeks ago, Rodney (55) had a horrific motorcycle accident - something happened to cause the bike to malfunction and he went off road, down a ditch, into a fence. Western Maryland, back road but a car was following. They were able to air lift him down to Shock Trauma at The University of Maryland Hospital in the city. Top notch for trauma. Severe brain damage - little physical injuries. Now he's in a intensive therapy "neuro" center. He has a feeding tube - his brain functions have not improved. A decision will have to be made in the next couple of weeks (or sooner) to move him to ??? He & Jenny had recent conversations about this very thing because of an elderly relative in a similar situation, so Jenny knows what Rodney would want. There are 3 kids - 30, 28, 19 and small grandbabies. The decision will probably be hospice, remove the feeding tube which is keeping him alive, and wait. Jenny needs strength to make this decision. Rodney always made me laugh ♥

Jody

The Wanderer.
2023 Project 52 Challenge Host
Knowing most of you are prayer warriors so I'm asking ... I guess for me along with a friend - daughter's high school friends, they married (have been together since they were 17) - no interruption in the friendship. 5 weeks ago, Rodney (55) had a horrific motorcycle accident - something happened to cause the bike to malfunction and he went off road, down a ditch, into a fence. Western Maryland, back road but a car was following. They were able to air lift him down to Shock Trauma at The University of Maryland Hospital in the city. Top notch for trauma. Severe brain damage - little physical injuries. Now he's in a intensive therapy "neuro" center. He has a feeding tube - his brain functions have not improved. A decision will have to be made in the next couple of weeks (or sooner) to move him to ??? He & Jenny had recent conversations about this very thing because of an elderly relative in a similar situation, so Jenny knows what Rodney would want. There are 3 kids - 30, 28, 19 and small grandbabies. The decision will probably be hospice, remove the feeding tube which is keeping him alive, and wait. Jenny needs strength to make this decision. Rodney always made me laugh ♥
So sad Ev. Sending the family good wishes and hopes for a miralce.

• Love
Reactions: Ev

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
I know y'all ... comments aren't necessary ... we all know sadness ... ♥
Ev, it's very sad. Sending comforting thoughts...

• Love

Glyn

The Dreamer
JA09

• Love

ScrapaholicSherry

A Splash of Color
My deepest sympathy is for anyone who is going through rough times right now. We all need to pray for one another and try to help each other as best we can. This is a great thread for all of us here to do so. This world is going through a major melt down due to Covid, economic issues, war, etc. Take care everyone and God bless! xxx

Escara

@SherryD - glad to hear that things are improving! Hope it will continue ♥

@Robyn – Thank you so much for the update on Rosie, even if it’s very sad!xxx

Me too, like many of us, miss Rosie!!!
She is always in my prayers and I’m sending her and her daughter comforting thoughts. :-f:-f:-f

• Love

Blackthorne

Premier Senior Member
Ev, it is very sad what is going on with Rodney and his Family - Will keep you in my prayers !

• Love

Blackthorne

Premier Senior Member
Have checked back at my skin doctor as the results of the pneumologist has
arrived. I was told my therapy for my hayfever will start on Dec.22nd. I´ll
have to eat tabletes for the autumn pollen for3 years as they no longer do
the injection thing.
My hayfever lasts all year and so we´ll start the spring pollen paralell in one
year.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Have checked back at my skin doctor as the results of the pneumologist has
arrived. I was told my therapy for my hayfever will start on Dec.22nd. I´ll
have to eat tabletes for the autumn pollen for3 years as they no longer do
the injection thing.
My hayfever lasts all year and so we´ll start the spring pollen paralell in one
year.
Wow! Helga, thank you for the update.

Blackthorne

Premier Senior Member
I know I haven't been here lately but the reason is because my husband just passed away yesterday. I'm also just getting over the flu and today is my birthday. There's so many more things going on that I would rather not discuss.
My sincere condolences to your terrible loss, Sherry. I saddens me deeply
that you´ve to go through such tough times. I send you a big hug ! JA7