Tea and Sympathy - 2022

Ev

Miss Social Chatty-ness
I apologize for not being around much lately.
Oh my gosh, Sherry ... just oh my gosh ~ what an awful time and such a horrible way to end a lovely visit. And now your husband down, that's really too much! I am so very sorry to read this and wish I was near-by to lend a small helping hand - please continue to check in when you can and let us know how you're both doing. ♥

DeLoris

Rusty Woman
Challenge Host - December
My gosh - thank y'all ... I'm better each day; finished all the meds, bruises healing from needle pricks, IV. Turned cold while I was in there so I guess Winter really is going to show up. I've got plenty of blankets to wrap up in to keep the drafts in this old house away! Glad to hear you're feeling better @Escara - Esther and take care of that arm, Kay @BrightEyes. Thanks for letting everyone know @Robyn
I am late, but I am sooo glad you are better! With COPD, that had to be really hard for you. Sending Hugs your way! JA7

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
2022 Project 52 Challenge Host
Quick update. My SIL is out of hospital. Crossing fingers all remains ok ish…
Vivi, good news that she is out of the hospital. Hope things will get better.

Escara

I had to take a break again; my physiotherapy is so painful that I didn't had the energy to visit here the last days. In addition, I got a persistent bronchitis. I hope to get better soon :)
Nevertheless, I want to take a quick look at what happened in my Big Photo Challenge.

For all sick or sad ladies I wish good and speedy recovery. Take care of yourselves! JA7

Blackthorne

Premier Senior Member
I had to take a break again; my physiotherapy is so painful that I didn't had the energy to visit here the last days. In addition, I got a persistent bronchitis. I hope to get better soon :)
Nevertheless, I want to take a quick look at what happened in my Big Photo Challenge.

For all sick or sad ladies I wish good and speedy recovery. Take care of yourselves! JA7
Oh my, Esther - As if your treatment was not painful enough .... :rolleyes:
Send you the Best of Wishes for your Recovery !

DeLoris

Rusty Woman

Aww - bless you heart. You take care of yourself and come back to us soon! JA7

Ev

Miss Social Chatty-ness

Oh Esther - I am sad to read this ... pain is awful and then bronchitis ... stay warm and rest ... ♥

Poppy

Supreme Senior Member

I am sorry you are still not getting any better,Esther, having had bronchitis in the past I sympathise what you are going through, I hope it won't last much longer, sending lot's of healing thoughts. xxx JA7

Grace

Supreme Senior Member

Esther, so sorry that the physiotherapy is so painful and that you have persistent bronchitis. Take care of yourself and get well soon.

SherryD

How I miss you all! And so many of us are having health problems of one kind of another. Guess that's why we can be so sympathetic to one another. Update on things here. I found some leftover muscle relaxers from last time my back acted up and have been using sparingly at night. Have to stay alert because my husband is still in bad shape and can't do a thing. Thanksgiving he was worst yet and I wasn't doing too well so we postponed our holiday dinner. At around 9pm he finally said he couldn't take it anymore and allowed me to call the paramedics who took him to the emergency room. The doctor diagnosed it as severe sciatica, put a lidocaine patch on, gave him Tylenol, Flexeril (muscle relaxer) and Percocet and sent him home. I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to get him up the front steps and into the house. He is 6'4" and over 300 lbs - and if he'd been too woozy I would have been in trouble but managed to get him in the house safely. He's on Prednisone and Tylenol now and it isn't helping much. Doc also gave him 6 tablets of oxycodone, which is is spacing out to one at bedtime and reluctantly at that. Monday we will contact our own doc to see what else can be done but with degenerating discs in more than one area of the spine surgery isn't an option. For now it is all he can do to stand in bathroom for a few seconds. The leg where the pain is keeps wanting to buckle. Very little sleep around here. In a way this is like having a new baby - constantly being on call lol. But I did mange to cook and clean kitchen yesterday and got some sleep today. And this is the extent of my computer time.

Robyn

Administrator
Staff member
Oh Sherry, what a bad time this is for you and your husband. Thanksgiving didn't turn out at all well for you. Hopefully your husband can get a more permanent and lasting solution to his problems. .......and you look after yourself too.

Getting older and the health problems it brings is certainly no fun! Supportive hugs......

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Sherry, so sorry that you and your husband are not doing well and that your husband is in extreme pain. Please take care of yourself first and try to get as much rest and sleep that you can so that you can help your husband. And, I hope help is available for you. Sending you positive thoughts...

Poppy

Supreme Senior Member
Sherry I am really sorry you and hubby are suffering so much,please try to look after yourself,I hope the doctor can do more to alleviate the pain from your hubby.xx

Ev

Miss Social Chatty-ness
horrible Sherry - I'm so glad you got him back into the house and I feel for you both ♥

nemla

love a challenging challenge
@SherryD , so sorry things went from bad to worse, I hope your own doctor will be able to give better pain relief,so he (and you ) can get some much needed rest.