• Suggest a palette for our end of year members' kit HERE.  Suggestions to be submitted by Tuesday 19th please.

Thank y'all

Evelyn

Esteemed Senior Member
for your well wishes and welcome back messages ... what a caring group we are! I am officially fallen apart ... I am impatient with being less than mobile - the other "stuff" I can handle but this walker, cane, scooter BS grates on my very last nerve ... I know, I know, - I still am better than lots and lots of peeps ... ummmm, nope, doesn't make me feel any better ... even my much loved Drambuie has failed me!
SO - my initial hospitalization back the end of May was for double pneumonia, they thought maybe the heart but that tested OK. My calcium was extremely high - thyroid controls that, COPD (expected that to show) and x-ray showed a nodule on the outside of my lung. That week in the hospital scarred me and them! Then a reg dr visit sent me back to the ER for a sonogram, he thought I might have a blood clot ... good gawd almighty did it hurt pressing that thing along my leg and squeezing below it to check the blood flow. The ER was overflowing, early evening, I had a spot in the hallway! That turned out to be cellulitis, strong meds and it cleared up. Need I go on - OH WAIT, so a pain, bad, developed in my groin by the r. hip - 2 different pain meds - didn't do jack - went for x-ray, needed a wheelchair and Mike ran me into every-damn-thing runInable! So, arthritis and hip socket shrunk and bone-on-bone. Now - endocrinologist, orthopedic, pulmonary - if you see me, just wave and keep on walking ;)

Robyn

Administrator and Grand Pooh-Bah
Staff member
Evelyn, can I say in the nicest way possible that you are a 'tough old bird' and I know that you will come through this yelling at us all to look out of the way because you're coming through and getting better.

Lots of love......

A-M

Challenge Host - November
Evelyn, thankyou for taking the time to come in here and share all this with us.
I realise it is not easy for you but... just take one day at a time :-42

Evelyn

Esteemed Senior Member
OH, the nodule did not light-up in the PET scan, nor did anything else so that's good news right now

KimR.

Administrator and Supreme Senior Member
Staff member
Evelyn, can I say in the nicest way possible that you are a 'tough old bird' and I know that you will come through this yelling at us all to look out of the way because you're coming through and getting better.

Lots of love......
What Robyn said! Glad to see you back. :)

OH, the nodule did not light-up in the PET scan, nor did anything else so that's good news right now
Great news!

Poppy

Supreme Senior Member
It is not right you have had to go through all this I thought my problems were bad but you beat me to it my friend I am not surprised your a little bit grouchy as I would be the same heaven helps themselves when things are tough (I don't think so) keep fighting it don't let it grind you down Evelyn.xxx

Diane's Art

Esteemed Senior Member
Evelyn, I am so sorry you are going through all this. Praying that your health will improve quickly so you can enjoy life again. Take care of yourself. HUGS

Lillias

Esteemed Senior Member
I think you can be forgiven for feeling a little bit grouchy and impatient Evelyn you are having a lot to cope with and no mistake. I’m sure your wonderful sense of humour will keep you going - I hope so anyway and you can always come here and let off some steam as most of us will understand where you are coming from. Hopefully there are better days ahead for you - and soon...♥♥♥

Rosie

Supreme Senior Member
Sorry you are going through all this. I really hope things improve for you soon. Sending big hugs xxxxx

Pekarokiki

Esteemed Senior Member
Well thank goodness the nodules didn't come to anything but sending you lots of good vibes and hugs for all the other rotten stuff that's going on...the frame, scooter and all the other BS well.....just use them to your own amusement and run over anybody that gets on your nerves ..... joking aside Evelyn, so glad you're back and fighting just keep on batting that sense of humour of yours back at all the curve balls life throws out :-36 :-62

ptabbert

Premier Senior Member
OK...I hate what you're going through but I loved your post! Take care of yourself and maybe get some bubble wrap to save you from those runINable things!

Kythe

Premier Senior Member
Well my dear Evelyn, I hated using the walker, cane, wheelchair as well but it gets you a handicap tag so you can get your driver to park the car nice and close to where you want to be. lol
As Robyn said you are among the group of tough seniors that others look up to. Your humor is delightful and will get you through the worst of things. Stay positive my friend. You are precious to us all. And Drambuie.. one of my favorites mixed with scotch to make a "kiltie lifter"!

Barb

Esteemed Senior Member
My goodness Evelyn, you don't do anything by halves do you ;)
I can see you are bouncing back even though you are still dealing with so much. You keep fighting and have a glass of Drambuie for me :D🥃❤

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Evelyn, I’m glad to see that you’re posting even though you are going through an awful time in your life. One good news is that the PET scan did not light up the nodule or anything else. Remain positive and strong and get better soon. Sending you big hugs. ❤❤❤

Magnolia57

Premier Senior Member
Golly, Evelyn, you have a lot to deal with. Glad to hear the good news about the PET scan and hop you start to feel better very soon. :-36

nemla

Esteemed Senior Member
Happy to see you in the forum,and even more so in the gallery,nothing like some scrapping to take your mind of stuff .
This too shall pass ( or very nearly 🙃😉 ) and as for being dependent on mobility aides, sorry mate ,but tough it out !
You can always make them really snazzy looking with holographic paper on the cane,or a nice cover for the seat on the scooter ,like skulls and crossbones maybe,or a flower garden, a sign that says get out of my way ? whatever takes your fancy. Make it yours ,own it ,and give destiny the finger.
You are in my thoughts .