The 3 Faces of.....a 3 part challenge

nemla

Esteemed Senior Member
3_faces_of_example1.jpg

Hi every one,
​Now I know we are all young and beautiful, but perhaps some of you remember the film ; The 3 faces of Eve . Super film about a women with a split personality ,very loosely inspired from a real case history.
​ Nah don't worry ,you don't have to do a page about a split personality, but the title have been sticking to my brain the last few days, worse than any earworm so based on the title only here is your challenge ;
​It is a 3 part challenge. Please post all 3 finished pages in your original post, because I think it will be good to see them together. But each page should be finished ( this is not a progressive ) The subject of each page will be posted in this post with roughly a week between ;
​Week 1;
Using Any style you want, ( see examples below ) but always including at least 5 lines of journaling ( very happy to see more ) and some form of blending show us your :
​FACE OF CONTENTMENT

(ideas ;
My Contented face;
What makes me contented ? Food? Kids? Dogs ? Nature? Walking? Seeing a movie ? Beating someone in chess ? Sewing a quilt ? Bible study ? Disco dancing? All of the above ?
Examples below (saves my muddled explanations ) these are just styles ,not necessarily example of content

​ WEEK 2
​My Fear full face;

What makes you fear full ? What gives you the hibi jibies ?
What makes you scared ? Lions ? Spiders ? Teachers ? The dark ? Stormy weather?
, what don't you like ? Paper clips ? Helicopters ? driving ? water ?
​Please use the same guide lines as for page 1.
Then post your page in the same thread you posted your first page. Looking forward to seeing your pages... You can easily catch up if you haven't done the first one yet.

Week 3
​My Game face !

What do you do or feel, when you “ just get on with it “ ? Show the world a smile ? Clean the kitchen ? ( as a form of Therapy, I’ll show them )
Put on heels,or have a new hair do ?
Show how efficient you are ? Manage 3 jobs at once ? Run 3 miles ? ( or run a mile LoL ) Read stories to the kids? Say a mantra. ? Start a discussion ? Go on social media ??
​For the last part of the challenge we want to see your game face.
Thanks so much to everyone taking part, I am that impressed with your pages .

Have fun !​

Last edited:

Evelyn

Esteemed Senior Member
now really, Vivi ... I'm going to have to read this more than 3 times to get my damaged brain cells to comprehend ... whatever I end up with is your fault ;) interesting challenge and thanks (I think)

Robyn

Administrator and Grand Pooh-Bah
Staff member
Challenge Host - February
Fascinating challenge! This will be interesting to see what everyone comes up with. Thanks Vivi for hosting.

Rosie

Supreme Senior Member
What a brilliant idea for a challenge. Love it. xxxxxx

nemla

Esteemed Senior Member
What a fantastic start on the challenge,I love your little nonsense quote,and your blended Art journal page truly rocks!

Rosie

Supreme Senior Member
Thank you for the wonderful challenge Vivi. xxx

I am truly content when I am surrounded by lakes and mountains and the sights and sounds of nature.

I have many fears, but the biggest is that we will lose our beautiful planet through ignorance and neglect. I really hope it never happens.

I was not aware that I had a "game face", but according to my family I look amazingly calm when things are not going right and put on a little smile that does not quite reach my eyes. Inside, of course, things are the total opposite. I tend to try and escape into my drawing and crafting (never even think of doing housework).

Thank you so much Vivi for the wonderful challenge. xxx

Last edited:

nemla

Esteemed Senior Member
What a super page. It shows in all your Art how connected you are to nature I think, but this confirms it . I adore your soft blending.

Anita

Esteemed Senior Member

Thanks Vivi for an interesting challenge...got the little grey cells working ♥

Face of Fear

Game Face..

Last edited:

nemla

Esteemed Senior Member
Great blending, and your little furry friends everywhere , one even leaving a foot print in the paint !

Barb

Esteemed Senior Member
Really interesting challenge Vivi and remember the movie well.

Kept the style for this mood simple as they are just simple pleasures.

I hate heights, have a fear of deep water even though I can swim and who likes spiders!

Well the only thing to do is just smile.

Last edited:

nemla

Esteemed Senior Member
wow. how beautiful is this ? Simple maybe ,but perfect ,and your blending subtle but so well done !

nemla

Esteemed Senior Member
Couldn't agree more. Sunshine , freedom and flowers makes a great contentment package ..

nemla

Esteemed Senior Member
Ohhh I love your face of contentment, inspired with all the coloured pencils .

nemla

Esteemed Senior Member
Very beautiful, but is it their contentment or yours ?
EDIT ; I have just re read the challenge post and realized that there might be some confusing as to what I meant exactly; I did mean to say Show YOUR contented face. I will accept this for the challenge, because I am sure if your children are content , then so are you. And besides your way of using different Type fonts rocks !

Sue C

Esteemed Senior Member
Vivi .. I don't think I have a contented face ... not to say I'm never contented but there's usually nobody around when I am LOL :) :) ... taking a selfie will not give me a content face !!!!