The time has come!!!

Lindsay

Premier Senior Member
Hi all just an update regarding my recovering friend.... I am leaving tomorrow to travel back up to her about 4 hrs drive. She is being released from hospital on Friday on the condition that I’m there with her and am willing to give her an injection three times a day (something I’m going to have to learn, never done it before). I will be away about a month but hope to still get time to scrap. So apologies in advance if I’m a bit slack with comments. She is sleeping a lot so hopefully I’ll be able to sneak a few pages in here and there. :-8

Robyn

Administrator and Grand Pooh-Bah
Staff member
Lindsay, please don't worry about comments and stuff like that, you just look after your friend. It's good that she is coming home and even better that she has you to care for her.

Good luck with the injections. I had to give my husband injections once a day for about 6 weeks. The first time I did it, I plunged the needle in so hard and deep that I bent the needle!! You can imagine the reaction I got to that!!!

Our dog Bridget has monthly injections for her arthritis and I've finally got the hang of that. The first time I hit a muscle and really hurt her, but I've learned to pinch the skin up behind her neck and so it is painless for her. I still don't like injecting people or dogs........I'm a bit squeamish about it!!

A-M

Challenge Host
Lindsay, thankyou for letting us know your news. I hope your friend does well with your care of her. Travel safely.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host
Lindsay, thank you for the update. You are a wonderful and loving friend. Take good care of yourself and your friend.

Lindsay

Premier Senior Member
Lindsay, please don't worry about comments and stuff like that, you just look after your friend. It's good that she is coming home and even better that she has you to care for her.

Good luck with the injections. I had to give my husband injections once a day for about 6 weeks. The first time I did it, I plunged the needle in so hard and deep that I bent the needle!! You can imagine the reaction I got to that!!!

Our dog Bridget has monthly injections for her arthritis and I've finally got the hang of that. The first time I hit a muscle and really hurt her, but I've learned to pinch the skin up behind her neck and so it is painless for her. I still don't like injecting people or dogs........I'm a bit squeamish about it!!
Thanks for the tip Robyn, I’m guessing they are going to teach me before we go home, well I hope so anyway. I’m not squeamish when it’s someone else 😂

Poppy

Supreme Senior Member
Thank you for the update Lindsay it is good that your friend is coming home and she has you to look after her dont worry about the injections you will soon get the hang of it we were taught how to give injections years ago with an orange if it was in the muscle if not pinch an inch of the skin if it is not the muscle I would not have a clue now but I am sure they will give you good instructions ... just make sure you take care of yourself and dont wear your self out sending lot's of hugs.xxx

Lillias

Esteemed Senior Member
We should all have friends like you Lindsay...I'm sure your friend really appreciates all you have done and are doing for her. Hoping for a really good recovery for her and safe travels for yourself...♥♥

Barb

Esteemed Senior Member
Delighted to hear your dear friend is finally leaving hospital, and wish her well on her return home. I'm sure you will take good care of her but don't forget to take care of you too. You are what friendship is all about .:-62

Kythe

Premier Senior Member
Challenge Host
So happy to hear the positive results. Your friend is so lucky to have you by her side.

KimR.

Administrator and Supreme Senior Member
Staff member
Challenge Host
Good news, Lindsay. How wonderful that you are able to take care of your friend!

Evelyn

Esteemed Senior Member
Challenge Host
Well now, I think everyone has said all there is to say about you being such an awesome friend, Lindsay! Giving an injection is no big thing at all ... had to give my husband 1 in the stomach each day after his hip and knee replacement ... should I say how I enjoyed that! Then our cat got diabetics and he gets a shot 2x/da ... I finally made Mike learn how to do it since the cat doesn't really like me. Wishing with all my heart your dear friend recovers ... safe travels and take care. ♥

Pekarokiki

Esteemed Senior Member
Hopes and prayers for your friend Lindsay and how lucky is she to have somebody as caring as you to be with her ❤❤❤