This Woman

moemc

Thank you Evelyn. I remember when I heard she had died I cried to hours and then when the funeral was on TV again more tears. My boys couldn't understand how I could cry so much for someone I didn't know....hard to explain to a child

KAPOH

I've always been fascinated by the Amelia Earhart story. And, when Jerrie Mock attempted (and succeeded) to fly around the world, I avidly followed her progress, especially since she took off, and landed at Lane Aviation in Columbus OH where my mother was employed at the time.

Evelyn

Esteemed Senior Member
I ♥ that quote ... never heard it before! Gloria sure should be on this list and I just love that fish on a bike

JodyT

Such a very sad thing. I remember watching the funeral. Lots of flowers were tossed at that coffin as it processed through the streets, but on carnation just stayed there after all the others fell away. I found myself mesmerized watching that single flower.

Robyn

Administrator and Grand Pooh-Bah
Staff member
Challenge Host - July
I was in London for the day of Princess Diana's funeral. I watched the cortège go by as I stood on the edge of Hyde Park. I will never forget the huge bank of flowers outside Harrods.

nemla

Esteemed Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
Evelyn, can I copy this page ,and send it to the founder of the Animal charity I volunteer for ? ( it runs an ,among other things , free for strays animal clinic) I know she has been trying to set up pets for the infirm or elderly, perhaps this will give her inspiration. A great page love , as usual I am tempted to say , the humour in it too.

Evelyn

Esteemed Senior Member
Vivi ... of course you can ... their web site is 4pawsforability.org ... they provide dogs for military suffering from mobility issues or deafness from the wars since 9/11 - free! Karen might also have time to offer your friend some pointers karen4paws@aol.com.

Pekarokiki

Esteemed Senior Member
Thank you Evelyn for the challenge. There are some pretty amazing women out there many of whom inspire me but none more than my own mum who we sadly lost last month so I could not do my page about anybody else but her. I have to say that all the pages that have been posted before me are pretty amazing - well done ladies!

Evelyn

Esteemed Senior Member
Ahhh Karen ... this is a most loving tribute to this special person ... your Mum!