Traditional Style Digital Scrapbooking

A-M

Challenge Host - September
As I will be hosting a challenge for those who like to do more realistic paper style memory pages I thought I would share some links to tutorials for those who may like to try something they are not used to doing.

The shadowing in traditional style is one of the important parts of making your page look like a real paper scrapbook page so the first tutorial I have found to share is about shadowing: Tutorial: How to Create Realistic Shadows ( only for photoshop - link to PSE does not work)

working with shadow styles in PSE : How to add a Drop Shadow in PSE

Creating a sticker: Simple 3D sticker
You can stop at the point before adding a bevel to leave it as a flat sticker.

A good blog HERE to show real paper scrapbooking so you can see the depth of the shadows and the types of embellishments used. HERE is another good site to show real paper scrapbooking.

Last edited:

Robyn

Administrator and Grand Pooh-Bah
Staff member
Excellent tutorial Anne-Marie. Thank you for the link.

jirsev

Esteemed Senior Member
Thank you Anne-Marie for the link! Unfortunately the link to the tutorial PSE no longer works!!! I'll try to find a similar tutorial.

Last edited:

Rosie

Supreme Senior Member
I have given it another go Anne-Marie and tried to keep by shadowing under control. Hope this is better.

Pekarokiki

Esteemed Senior Member
Ooh I love this Rosie....hilarious about the bubbles in the bath, we did exactly the same thing at my BILs😱🙈😂 adorable photos, great journaling and I really love your LO ❤

A-M

Thank you Anne-Marie for the link! Unfortunately the link to the tutorial PSE no longer works!!! I'll try to find a similar tutorial.
Sorry, Jirina. I tried the link and my antivirus would not let me go there. I will see if I can find something for you.

JodyT

Premier Senior Member
Thanks Anne-Marie. I just had a heap of fun making a text sticker.. great tutorial.

Reactions: A-M