Under The Weather

JanD

Premier Senior Member
DeLoris, I just saw this and see that today is a somewhat better day. Back pain (well, any kind of pain like that) will just render you useless so rest is the only thing you can do. I like Vivi's idea of relaxing music and just being still until you can function. Sending you my best wishes for some relief. Hey, just hang out on your computer and look at art here at JUST ART! That should help! xoxoxoxo :-62

DeLoris

So sorry to read that you have been in awful pain, DeLoris. Pleased you are feeling a little better today and hope the Doctor has postive news for you on Thursday. Take things easy ❤
Thank you Barb. I have slept most of the day, which is a good thing. I was shocked the Orthopedic doc could see me on Thursday. Yeah! I'll let you know what he says. Big Hugs,

Pekarokiki

Esteemed Senior Member
Oh my goodness DeLoris, I can’t imagine how you must’ve feeling....general back pain is bad enough. Sending you hugs and prayers that things will improve and that the Orthopedic Doctor can help in some way ❤❤❤🤞🙏

DeLoris

Oh my goodness DeLoris, I can’t imagine how you must’ve feeling....general back pain is bad enough. Sending you hugs and prayers that things will improve and that the Orthopedic Doctor can help in some way ❤❤❤🤞🙏
Thank you sooo much! I see the doc this afternoon. I can't wait! I'll update the group when I get home. Big Hugs,

DeLoris

I just got back from the Orthopedic Doc. He thinks the disk above my spinal fusion has spinal stenosis in it and pushing on a nerve. I am to have an MRI (after approval of Medicare). Then the hospital will call me for an appointment. After that I make an appointment to go back to the Orth. Doc for the results. He gave me another prescription for the pain meds, muscle relaxers and the lidacaine patches. He told me to start PT on Monday. The Chiropractor told me NOT to go to PT that they would hurt me. My ortho doc said that was bullcrap! He took an x-ray of my spine and he said he saw nothing to prevent me from going to PT and they would not push me beyond what I could do. I feel sooo much better (mentally) and now I have hope! Thank you everyone for all your thoughts and prayers. All of you are sooo compassionate and caring. You're the best!

Robyn

Administrator and Grand Pooh-Bah
Staff member
Confusing! I'm pleased that at least mentally you are feeling better DeLoris.........it's a lot to cope with. Healing hugs.........

JodyT

Premier Senior Member
So sorry to hear this DeLoris, my daughter has a much more minor back problem (displaced disks), but I see the pain she goes through. I cant begin to imagine how horrible your pain is. I hope you get some relief as soon as.

DeLoris

Confusing! I'm pleased that at least mentally you are feeling better DeLoris.........it's a lot to cope with. Healing hugs.........
Thank you so much. My nerves have been all over the place. I feel better having someone actually DO something for me. That is a great Orthopedic Group! :-36

nemla

Esteemed Senior Member
Challenge Host - September
Hope the pain is easing off even more. Gently does it...

Diane's Art

Esteemed Senior Member
I am sorry to hear this Deloris. Praying for you and the doctors to find a solution for you to live pain free. Take care!

DeLoris

I am sorry to hear this Deloris. Praying for you and the doctors to find a solution for you to live pain free. Take care!
Thank you so much Diane. I'm doing better because of the pain pills and muscle relaxers, but they make me sleepy. Plus, I'm trying to behave myself and not stress out my spine anymore than I have to. I start physical therapy tomorrow. :-36

DeLoris

Just thought I's update you: I am doing better. The pain is slowly subsiding with the medication. I started physical therapy yesterday and I'm sore from using muscles I haven't used in awhile, but it's not that bad. That pain still nails me from time to time, but at least it is not constant like it was. I get an MRI Thursday to see what is going on with the vertebrae above my lumbar fusion. Hopefully, PT can fix it and I won't need some kind of surgical repair. Thank you everyone for your concern and wonderful well wishes! You are all just THE BEST!!!! Big Hugs,

Pekarokiki

Esteemed Senior Member
Great news that you’re feeling bett DeLoris....fingers and everything else crossed that you won’t need more surgery :-36

Poppy

Supreme Senior Member
Thank you Poppy! I'll do what I can as I feel like sitting here. Some times it is easier to sit here than in my recliner. I guess because my computer chair is so firm compared to my recliner. But, the pain pills do make me woozy.

Poppy

Supreme Senior Member
I am so pleased you are feeling better DeLoris and that the meds and the PT is helping and that your feeling more focused sending lots of hugs to you.xxx