• by Rosie

by Poppy

by biche57

by 01lousmith

Wildfires

Kythe

Premier Senior Member
Challenge Host - September
The wildfires burning in Oregon, California and Washington State (just 265 miles away) is sending smoke our way. The air quality here is under advisory. I cannot see across the river it is so thick. That makes dog walking for me a bit iffy as I have a condition that makes it difficult. The weather forecast indicates no rain until next week which will clear the air to some extent.

I cannot imagine what it must be like for those unfortunate souls who have evacuated and lost their homes. Entire communities have been wiped out and tens of thousands have had to flee with 500 000 on notice to evacuate.

Anita

Esteemed Senior Member
It is terrible Karen..My cousin lives in Australia and they had terrible fires over there recently....The officials had to do Controlled fires to stop the rampage ....I'm not good near any smoke ..I have got asthma .....I wouldn't cope with them at all..I even shout at the next door neighbour when then burn garden rubbish..which they shouldn't.. I hope it clears for you it is frightening ♥

Poppy

Supreme Senior Member
We have seen these fires and terrible loss of homes on the news it is dreadful I do hope you can keep safe Karen.xxx

Rosie

Wildlife Warrior
I really hope these areas get some much needed rain soon. I did read that in places in Australia they are introducing goats into forests to manage the forest floor. I wonder they will try that here in the US? I hope so because what we are doing now is clearly not going to work with climate change. Hope you stay safe Karen xxx

nemla

love a challenging challenge
Stay safe. it is scary how these thing spreads !

Kythe

Premier Senior Member
Update: As of last night we now have not only the wildfire smoke from hundreds of miles away but our local pier which borders the river front and is 2 blocks long burning sending huge black creosote filled smoke into the air. It is unbearable to breathe. I come inside from taking the dog out with a heavy chest. This is not fun.

JodyT

The Wanderer.
Been watching the fires in the US on the news. Terrible. Here in Australia and over there they seem to be getting worse and worse yearly. Keep safe.

Kythe

Premier Senior Member
The fires are still raging down south but the air here has cleared and I can breathe again. Thanks everyone for all your good wishes.