Windows 11

DeLoris

Rusty Woman
Challenge Host - October
I downloaded Windows 11 today and if you are dreading updating to the new version, relax. It's really nothing to write home about. My computer is the same except there are some new icons in the Icon Tray and you can play with them or not. The main thing I have found so far that I find annoying is that when you right click on a folder/file, you will have to select "Show More Options"
at the bottom of the "Dropdown Menu" to get to the choices you are use to making.
There are a couple of Icons at the bottom you can use, not all.
It is really No Big Deal! Whew!

Attachments

• Win 11 Icon Tray.jpg
    Win 11 Icon Tray.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 3

Robyn

Administrator
Staff member
I bought a new laptop (so I can take it up to the shack) a couple of days ago. It has Windows 11 on it. I haven't had time to have a good look, but from what I can see so far, I like it.

nemla

love a challenging challenge
Challenge Host - October
Well it cant be worse than 8.
But I do hate updates in the software. It took me ages to get rid of all the extra "bumf " including Cortina that came with windows 10.... But I am happy it is nothing major. What really made me mad with that, was that I paid for the " professional " version. ( can choose when and if to update , ( for real, not just pretending they give you a choice ) can choose - and don't loose system restore points (like you could have 20 if you wanted etc ) and it was easy to say no to additional instalments ( like Cortina, games , programmes you never use etc. But after 2 or 3 updates and a few crashes it went back to their usual invasive overriding way.

Last edited:

KimR.

Supreme Senior Member
My computer is telling me it doesn't meet the requirements for Windows 11. I haven't checked into it further. The computer is several years old but does everything we need it to do for now.

DeLoris

Rusty Woman
Challenge Host - October
I bought a new laptop (so I can take it up to the shack) a couple of days ago. It has Windows 11 on it. I haven't had time to have a good look, but from what I can see so far, I like it.
I have not set up all the screens the internet shows, but I will eventually.

DeLoris

Rusty Woman
Challenge Host - October
Well it cant be worse than 8.
But I do hate updates in the software. It took me ages to get rid of all the extra "bumf " including Cortina that came with windows 10.... But I am happy it is nothing major. What really made me mad with that, was that I paid for the " professional " version. ( can choose when and if to update , ( for real, not just pretending they give you a choice ) can choose - and don't loose system restore points (like you could have 20 if you wanted etc ) and it was easy to say no to additional instalments ( like Cortina, games , programmes you never use etc. But after 2 or 3 updates and a few crashes it went back to their usual invasive overriding way.
I've always let it update. I have Cortana turned off. I've got to get my PC updated to Windows 11 now.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - October
I am still on Windows 7 and don't plan on changing that anytime soon.
Rosie, I am on Windows 7 too. Pros and cons on Windows 7 and 11: the old software are not compatible with Windows 11 and the newer software are not compatible with Windows 7. I plan on keeping Windows 7 until the hard drive dies.

Rosie

Wildlife Warrior
Challenge Host - October
Rosie, I am on Windows 7 too. Pros and cons on Windows 7 and 11: the old software are not compatible with Windows 11 and the newer software are not compatible with Windows 7. I plan on keeping Windows 7 until the hard drive dies.
As long as all the software I use keep running on Windows 7 I will stick with it. It is reliable and not plagued with constant updates. Glad I am not the only one 💕

Lindsay

Premier Senior Member
2021 Project 52 Challenge Host
I am sticking with 10. I hate it when they change things purely for the sake of it!!! Took me long enough to get used to 10 😂

Rosie

Wildlife Warrior
Challenge Host - October
I just wish the software companies would wake up and start making programs that are compatible with Linux. Then I could use a grown up operating system and say goodbye to Windows altogether.

Jody

The Wanderer.
2021 Project 52 Challenge Host
I am sticking with 10. I hate it when they change things purely for the sake of it!!! Took me long enough to get used to 10 😂
I never did get used to it, I run in classic mode so it still looks like windows 7. IF I go to 11, I will do the same. Call me old fashioned.

Rosie

Wildlife Warrior
Challenge Host - October
I never did get used to it, I run in classic mode so it still looks like windows 7. IF I go to 11, I will do the same. Call me old fashioned.
I don't blame you. Why change things for the sake of it.