Word of the Week (Sept. 8-14): Down

ldp777

This "castle" was quite an experience. It is being built by some individual just because he wants too. It's open to anybody to go through, and it does have a sign saying "You enter at your own risk." I should have paid more attention to that sign. :oops: To begin with, the seat of the chair my grandson was sitting in was about 5 ft high. He was sure it was going to fall apart with him on it! All the stairs, walkways, and "decks" were made from metal grate, and were patched in many places. One of the stair steps needed a patch, it had a hole about 3 inches. On the plus side, some of the stained glass was beautiful, and some was....... ummmmm..... interesting. I hope to get more of the pictures scrapped soon.
P52-Week-37_Down_BishopsCastle-web.jpg

orkan

Esteemed Senior Member
P52 - Down
G & T DESIGNS - Les secrets de la mer - image de Pixabay
G & T DESIGNS-Secrets of the sea.jpg

Un séjour sans faille

KimR.

Administrator and Supreme Senior Member
Staff member
Challenge Host - September
This "castle" was quite an experience. It is being built by some individual just because he wants too. It's open to anybody to go through, and it does have a sign saying "You enter at your own risk." I should have paid more attention to that sign. :oops: To begin with, the seat of the chair my grandson was sitting in was about 5 ft high. He was sure it was going to fall apart with him on it! All the stairs, walkways, and "decks" were made from metal grate, and were patched in many places. One of the stair steps needed a patch, it had a hole about 3 inches. On the plus side, some of the stained glass was beautiful, and some was....... ummmmm..... interesting. I hope to get more of the pictures scrapped soon.
View attachment 175788
I enjoyed reading about your tour! Interesting that someone just decided to build a castle. Looks like a fun--and often scary--experience! Love the stained glass background. Looking forward to seeing more photos from this adventure!